Nature's Little Gem

Nature's Little Gem

Saturday, April 17, 2021

 



Isn’t this the most beautiful cover? I must admit to being drawn in by gorgeous artwork on the cover of a book. I was also taken in by the inviting story of “The Summer of Second Chances” by Andrea Hurst. The cover got me hooked but the story had me hook, line and sinker for it is every bit as beautiful in the storytelling as the cover is beautiful to look at.


This book has fast become one of my favorites for the lovely way it interweaves themes of love, friendship, hope, family and redemption. Each page I turned made me feel as if I were transported to the idyllic town of Moonwater Lake and that I, too, had become a neighbor, friend, confidant, and special character alongside Shelby, Alice, Theo, Wally, Logan, Trevor and a host of others. They all started to feel like family and I couldn’t wait to finish each chapter so I could find out what would happen in the next. This book is the perfect “feel-good” book and will give your mind, heart and soul a much needed respite from the difficult realities we are living through. It is the perfect escape. Winter is a challenging season for me personally, so just the title alone, grabbed my attention for I could dream about summer, sunnier days, and warmer temperatures. I wanted to be sitting on the front porch (like the cover) drinking lemonade and reading or visiting with my neighbors and enjoying one of Alice’s delicious baked treats. 

This book was simply delightful! If you enjoy stories that highlight everything that is good, everything right, everything wholesome, full of interesting characters, dogs, (did I mention dogs - anyone who loves dogs will be thrilled) and beautiful story telling, this is the book for you. Thank you, Andrea for your heartwarming story that I will long cherish. I can’t wait to read your other books!

No comments:

Post a Comment