Nature's Little Gem

Nature's Little Gem

Saturday, April 17, 2021

 


๐Ÿ’I just finished this beautiful memoir by Julie Andrews. I am simply awed by her authenticity and generosity of spirit in the writing of her book, “Home Work.” I decided to listen to the book for most of it as it is narrated by Julie herself. The soft lyrical sway of her voice captured my heart and I was quickly engulfed in the narrative of her Hollywood Years. Her life is surprisingly “normal” in terms of her incredible star status and I am left more in awe of her than I was before reading her book. I have always loved the movie Mary Poppins and Julie shared some extraordinary stories and behind the scenes secrets that made the movie simply magical by Walt Disney standards. I was enthralled. When she played Maria VonTrap in “The Sound of Music” I dreamed of being her on top of that mountain singing “The Hills are Alive.” (Of course no one can sing it like Julie Andrews!!) I learned so much about her career apart from those two iconic movies that left me awed and inspired. I found the book fascinating and her storytelling engaging and almost mesmerizing. I have a new found admiration for Julie Andrews that goes far beyond my childhood infatuation. Julie Andrews is not only an incredibly talented performer, singer, and author, she is an attentive, giving, loyal, encouraging, supportive, and loving mother, spouse, daughter, grandmother, sister, and a beautiful human being. I highly recommend this lovely, sincere, sweet, heartfelt book. You will be glad that you spent time getting better acquainted with Dame Julie Andrews as she takes you on a surprising and fulfilling look into her adventures of stardom, motherhood, and the joys and sorrows that bind us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment