Nature's Little Gem

Nature's Little Gem

Saturday, April 17, 2021

 


๐ŸŽงI just spent an hour listening to this beautiful book by Charlie Mackesy. To say that this story is touching and lovely is an understatement. It is moving and heart-touching and soul stirring. It is a story of friendship and love and the conquering belief in seeing the good in humanity, oneself and others. I can understand how this book won Barnes & Noble’s Book of the Year award for 2019.

A couple of my favorite quotes from the book:

๐ŸŒŸ”What's your best discovery?” asked the mole. “That I'm enough as I am,” said the boy. “I'm so small,” said the mole. “Yes,” said the boy, “but you make a huge difference.”

๐ŸŒŸ”What do we do when our hearts hurt?" asked the boy. "We wrap them with friendship, shared tears and time, till they wake hopeful and happy again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment