Nature's Little Gem

Nature's Little Gem

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Do Not Be Anxious


This beautiful image captures the Scripture verse from Matthew 6:34, which is a great reminder that God will take care of our day.  He will take care of our night. And He will take care of all the in-betweens! Why does God tell us to not be anxious for tomorrow, that tomorrow will be anxious for itself?  It is so that we rely on Him to guide and direct our steps throughout each moment of our lives - each moment of our day, each moment of our night, and each moment in-between! If we do that, then how can we be anxious?  How can I be anxious?

I wrestle with this question on a daily basis!  Giving my anxiety and worry to God seems somehow irreverent, like, God is way to busy with "Bigger" things than to take on my seemingly insignificant worries and anxieties. At least that is what I tell myself fairly consistently.  "This is silly," I say to myself.  "I should be able to just get over these crazy, non-consequential, inane thoughts..." But this is wrong, friends.  God does want to hear it all!  He wants us to bring it all to Him - "the good, the bad, and the ugly," as the saying goes. God can handle my worst thoughts and He can handle when I am sad, when I am angry, when I am disillusioned, when I am defeated, and when I want to give up.  He can handle your thoughts, too.  

I am a woman of strong faith.  I love the Lord and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Rock, my Shelter, my Fortress, my Shield, and my Protector.  He is "The Way, the Truth, and the Life!" I believe these things, yet in my weaknesses, I am overcome with doubts and I forget to truly trust that this is the core of my faith.  Trusting in HIM, knowing that He is the Messiah, the King, the Son of God trumps my unbelief! There is a Scripture verse that says, "God help my unbelief.." I sure do need God's help in this department! But I have to remember that  there is nothing this side of Heaven that can stand between me and my God through the love of Jesus Christ that was poured out on the cross.  Jesus died for me and He died for you! John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting life." This is the greatest gift we could ever have been given.  

So when life threatens to engulf me with the "what-ifs and "what-nows" I can confidently look to my Lord and Savior and trust in Him and His love for me.  You can trust in His love for you, too!  He died on the cross for you and me, so that this world does not have the last say.  We are not held captive to the brokenness of this world and the sin that rages all around us.  No!  Jesus died so that we may live!  Hold on to that hope, my friends!  Give it ALL to Him - to your loving Savior. Anxiety and worry have no victory in the arms of Jesus!!

Jesus loves you!  Keep looking up!

Phil. 4:6-7

 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment