Nature's Little Gem

Nature's Little Gem

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Karen Kingsbury’s “A Distant Shore” is a powerful, breathtaking, and moving book. I have put off writing a review of “A Distant Shore” for a long time now, as I felt my words may not do the book justice or convey the depth of care, research, and love that the author used to tackle the huge and incomprehensible subject of human trafficking. I read it, knowing that I could trust Karen to deliver a story that not only portrayed characters of strength, integrity, and courage, but that she would gently lead them to places of renewal, forgiveness, and redemption through love, faith and the belief in the strength of the human spirit as they navigated their way through tragedy, desolation, upheaval and unspeakable trials. Karen’s characters, Lizzie, and Jack are flawed, tragic, and complicated. They must learn to trust and to love if they are to move into a future that heals their pasts. Together they find the strength to start anew, as they learn that their lives have only just begun – with faith in God, each other, and themselves. Karen Kingsbury has long been one of my favorite authors and she does not disappoint with this book. I will continue to always place my trust as a reader in her expert and knowledgeable writing as an author.

No comments:

Post a Comment